Sunday, January 22, 2012

Purpose



This early morning at Hospicio de San Jose, where Br. Felix and I were doing our apostolate... I was approached by a man who just recovered from a left leg injury. He's been with his family who were generously giving gifts to children and oldies of the institute. After a long conversation with him, he told me that he's been inspired by God to do this thing... after the accident he went through, he claimed that this is a new life for him... then... he paused... he asked me... "Brother... sa palagay nyo, ano po ba talaga ang purpose ng buhay?" (Brother, in your opininon, what is the real purpose of life?)

I never thought that after all the gestures of such a generosity, he would still ask such a question. I also paused... I reflected... I slowly uttered these words: "siguro, we can find the meaning and purpose of life to what Jesus' have done... he obeys the will of the Father by being man and even to the point of dying on the cross for our sins... and for us, to be Christlike... I think we should also obey the will of God by loving Him and by giving service to our neighbors... I think by submitting our will to the will of God makes our lives more truly free and meaningful-- To see God in all we do... in joy and in pains... and leave not our traces behind, but the footprints of God in all we do and in all we aspire... to long for Him and His love everyday of our lives...and to share all these graces from God through our acts of charity to all our fellowmen..."

Of course these things would not be easy to do. We still need to empty our cups of life so that we could fill it with the love of God.

Then we separated our ways... with a new spirit of friendship burning within our hearts.




Br. Dennis DC. Marquez, sSSS

No comments: