Thursday, July 4, 2013

Scouter's Moment: Brother to Brother

When I am giving Holy Communion during this morning's 1ST FRIDAY MASS, as an Acolyte, to Liceo University faculty, staff and students... from the long line of communicants, somebody, in Boy Scout uniform approached me silently to receive the Body of Christ.

Being a BOY SCOUT, myself, I felt this very awesome feeling... a feeling of brotherhood that always echo in the deepest part of my soul that instantly connects me to the heart of my fellow Brother-Scouts. This often lingers and always lead me to reflect and be silent... and most of the time, to stand in awe.

The Scout Oath unites us as brother-Scouts. Reverence, as one of our Scout Laws... brings us always to the source of all joy in whatever endeavor we commit ourselves. When we are connected, we will never be alone. God is always on our side. God is the reason of our 'servanthood'-- He is our inspiration, He is our guiding light.


Den Mar

No comments: