Saturday, June 15, 2013

Even though I can not sing...

when i entered the session area, the people there seemed not to notice me. they were chatting. the area was filled with buzzing peoples that made me so nervous. then, i noticed a piano. since i still have an ample time, i opened it and hit the first few keys then sat and played a common church song, "how lovely is your dwelling place." little by little the noise faded and some started to hum the melody. since there's ten more minutes, i played another one, "i love the Lord," then some started to sing the lyrics of that song.
when the time came, they started to look for the speaker. most were amazed, when the emcee called me. in the long run of my talk, somebody asked me to sing for the crowd, since we were discussing about Psalms... i told her, "that's why i am playing piano because i have a very terrible low voice not meant for singing..." with their eyes bewildered, i added, "i could scare you if you want to." then, they all laughed. Den Mar

No comments: