Thursday, April 4, 2013

On Bullying


'Bullying' is an act of disrespect to the inalienable human freedom of others
As a child, I was once verbally and physically bullied by my classmates and playmates
My mother taught me not to fight back but, instead, encouraged me to become more resilient to the terrible disturbances caused by others
Now, as I reflect back, inner peace becomes everything to me
Revenge never became my option in life but more forgiveness, more compassion and more love for all those who persecuted me
It taught me to offer my hands not to retaliate nor hurt others but to embrace the broken spirit of those who were wounded by such an act of violence that became indelible to the souls of every innocent victims
Like others who became my beacon of light, I also offer my shoulder to all abused not only for them to ventilate their deep seated woundedness but also for them to be healed... and later, for them to stand on so that they could relive their once shattered childhood with memories of joys and not only of bitterness
I pray that all of us, who recovered from such a lifelong agony, will come into the open to shed light as wounded-healers and inspire the world to love more...because, we realized that the absence of love is the cause of all forms of violence. 




 Den Mar

No comments: