Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Learning Cebuano

May 30, 2013
Thursday, 8:53 am

Today, I'll try to learn Cebuano. Of course, I am not doing that the 'old school way.' I don' have yet a fixed schedule and I'll just try to browse the internet and see which sites would help me do the job.

Last week, I bought a copy of English to Cebuano Dictionary from the local bookstore. I carry it with me from time to time. But I find it a little bit hard to search for every word I needed from time to time.

My first teachers here in Cagayan de Oro were our staff in our community. From time to time I'm trying to listen attentively to what they were talking about. I frequently ask questions and clarifications from time to time.

Well, going back again to internet resources, here are the sites that I am considering as of now. Simple conversational phrases could be practical to start with. The dictionary that I bought have both modern and classical Cebuanos. What I need as of now is practical conversation guide. Maybe, in days to come, I'll be sorting out all of these and get only what I could practically use:

http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/cebuano.php


http://ilanguages.org/cebuano_phrases.php


Gotta go now. I still have a pre-nuptial interview with a couple this 9:30 am. I hope, I could print some of these so that I could learn Cebuano even off-line.

If there's another site that you would like to share just comment on this blog. That would be a great help for us who are non-visayan speakers but very interested in learning Cebuano.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bro.Denis as of now can you understand visayan language??
just study and you an learn were just lying in zero ground because we viyan spokers find it hard to sudy english and filipino language from elementary and until now that we are in high school but because of our determination i can speak/talk and understand english language now


may the Almighty God bless you....



Deo Gratias Bro.