Sunday, February 16, 2014

Life is a Constant Journey

"Life is a constant journey
People around me are traveling with me
Every moment of our life we make connections
And as we rest in peace, we bid our sweet goodbye."

===


When I was born into this world
My eyes open seeing my parents smiling back at me
They held my hands to guide my first steps
And prepared me to journey outside our home

My friends are my sweet companions along my journey
They walk side-by-side and hand-in-hand with me
While we stride our little steps we joyfully sing and dance
And together we celebrate life with our youthful fun

We appreciate those who help us to find our way
The warm people around us who are always there to care
They truly give meaning and purpose to our little 'journeys'
They prepared us for a bigger one with their loving advice

I now understand that life is a constant journey
Where other co-journeyers always cross our road
We meet new friends as we travel everyday
Where we also bid good bye at the end of each day

And when evening falls come I will tell to my God:
"Thank you for the beautiful journey," as I pray fervently to Him...
"Bless us always... until we get old...
And until we find our journey going back to You." denmar

No comments: