Thursday, September 25, 2014

FROM AFAR... Inspired by SSS-Mission. Br. Israel Cruz, SSS



I was still in college when I first started to became fascinated by Sta. Cruz Church. My long break in between classes enabled me to explore the nearby environs surrounding Far Eastern University (the University where I graduated) until I reached the busy area of Sta. Cruz. As I look around, my attention was caught by this old Spanish-built church. I was captivated by its exquisite appeal. At that moment, I felt differently as I headed for the main door. Inside, I instantly appreciated the inviting silence and the solemnity of the sanctuary moving me to pray to the Blessed Sacrament exposed.

My visits to Sta. Cruz Church became more frequent. I usually sat silently at the back pews. From afar, I’ve observed how the SSS-religious practice the liturgy at Sta. Cruz Church. From that distance, I was so mystified with the way they pray and chant the psalms. Never did I know that I’ll be a part of their evening prayer until I was assigned there in a mission that God has given me.

It was May 4, 2012 when I become a member of the Sta. Cruz community as a seminarian-on-pastoral-exposure. The fascinating, bewildering, and mystifying experience that I treasured about Sta. Cruz Church way back my college days became clearer and fully apprehended.

For a year, I was given a chance to experience the kind of life that I will embrace in the future as a religious-Sacramentino . My everyday experiences in my pastoral exposure have shaped my spirituality and made me understand not only my limitations, but also, I was given a chance to bring out the best of my potentials through the assignments entrusted to me by the Superior and the Parish Priest. As I fulfill my ministry, there were times when I feel so overjoyed, as I heard words of compliments from the parishioners, inspiring me to serve more with all the innate talents that God has bestowed on me.

I was so blessed to be assigned in this community because the religious members treated me as a mature religious. They gave me a chance to journey and to grow with them; they gave me a voice to express the love of God; they gave me eyes to see the beauty of vocation; and they gave me an ear to listen attentively to the voice of God.
My pastoral exposure gave me a glimpse of the life that I am about to fully-embrace in the future-- a life of sacrifice and devotion… a life of completely offering myself to God and a life of dedicated service for others. With these beautiful reasons, my pastoral exposure in Sta. Cruz community will be treasured forever in my heart.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your insane israel c. cruz, nothing change in you
you’re same banana eating gorilla!
you are trash in, trash out human....
a user, a basher, inconsistent individual! - this is who you are!
trying hard….. your society is wasting their time and trust in you….
be brave to face your identity…..
you’re not in capable human development…. and the life of many will be in sacrifice because of your insanity and misbehavior…..
this is your last bullet…..
you volunteer and get lost…. that is you’re not place or
this not your life….. GET OUT! OUT! OUT!