Sunday, January 22, 2012

Scouting Memories- ATC 11-328, with Patrol Tikling


I will share my life
To your heart I reached
With my song I will let you see my world.

Within my heart is a child
With a song from his time
Rememb'ring his Scouting days.

With all my joys, I pledged our Oath
With all my tears, I cherish all the moments
Time will pass but not our Scouting days...

...of sweet memories with you.





After the each day's toil at Mt. Makiling during our ATC... when each laughter faded into a peaceful slumber.... we, at Patrol Tikling, remain awake in preparation for tomorrow's camp inspection.




My co-Patrol members: Vince, Ramil, Kuyang Raoul, Manoy Bert and myself faithfully burn the midnight oil.



At almost 2:00 in the morning, we were still awake and remained delighted while sipping the arnibal coffee of Baby Luv Glenda, Atching Myrna and Mary Rose-- which all of them prepared before they went to sleep.



As we diligently do our group camp's pioneerings and gadgets, for a while, I got bored with my nowhere to go knots on my hard to configured shoe rack.



I sighed... almost exhausted and frustrated. As my impatience arose, I told myself to stop for a while. I brought with me Baby Luv Glenda's arnibal coffee. I feel the need of catching some fresh air. I gaze all around... the moon and the stars that crown us above shines over the dew drops under the blades of every mountain grasses... appearing to me as if they were crystals fallen from heaven.



Then, I raised my gaze heavenward.



I found myself standing in awe. Silenced. Amazed not only by the constellations of stars, but by the magnificent spectacle of God's creation... the great sky, the heavens... the universe, far beyond my sight-- had unfolded, seemingly, their divine meaning to me. I realized that God is gazing us through His wonderful creations. That our heart's desires, thanksgivings and longings were all heard by His compassionate heart. That all of our worries were taken cared of by Him. That our loved ones at home were surely taken cared of by the same hands that cradle us while we were at Mt. Makiling.





Sctr. Dennis DC. Marquez, sSSS

No comments: