Friday, July 20, 2012

mt 12: 14-21


Humility, sincerity and love… these are the values that I reflected from Jesus’ healing ministry.

Humility in the sense that there is no need for me to brag about my good deeds to others; sincerity in the sense that I ought to practice my generosity as a way of my life; and love for me to give myself to God and to serve the people he loves so much.

The Pharisees failed to realize that Jesus is the Son of God. Instead, all of Jesus’ good deeds were misinterpreted by them. The Pharisees were blinded to understand the message and the actions of Jesus because they let their selves to dwell in severe jealousy. This jealousy blinded them to understand Jesus. With their anger and pride, they failed to show compassion and they failed to love the poor and the sick people who were really in need.

Sometimes in my life, I am like a Pharisee. I am blinded by so many hindrances to love others. With these hindrances—pride, jealousy at ‘pagiging matampuhin,’ I usually misinterpret the good actions of other people. They become my stumbling blocks that hindered me to love others, most specially, my brothers. Sometimes, I failed to see Jesus in the eyes of my very own brothers. It is only through the help of the community that I could improve myself.

I am a wounded person. Wounded by my past. But despite of my woundedness, I would like to imitate Jesus, the wounded-healer to be a healer to others. I am praying that with humility, sincerity and love… we could see Jesus Christ in the eyes of one another. That with humility, sincerity and love… we could be wounded-healers to one another. Amen.