Friday, January 11, 2013

John 3: 22 - 30



During those times, many people believe in John the Baptist. They thought that he is the Christ, the Messiah they are waiting. Despite of his popularity, he remained so humble that he acknowledges the presence the greater one who is to come. He utter: “He must increase, but I must decrease." He has done his part by baptizing the people with water and prepared the way for Jesus to baptize them with the grace of God the Father and the Holy Spirit.

As I reflect, I ask myself when was the time that I acknowledge the graces of God in me? Whatever I have now-- my past, memories and everything that I own, and everything that I left-- are all from God. Where ever I have been and whatever I achieved… all the graces that enabled me were all the blessings coming from God.

It is clear to me that I cannot do a thing without the grace of God. Without Jesus by my side I cannot go up to this far.

Whenever I go to our apostolate area, whenever I meet people, whenever I do any tasks assigned to me… without the help of God, I can’t do such things. Whatever I do, I claim that it is in the name of Jesus. Whatever I give it is always in the name of our Lord.

The question: who am I then?

I answer that with full humility… I am simply a God’s servant… my master is Jesus and Jesus is everything to me. What I bring to my apostolate is not myself but Jesus. What I share in our community is not myself but Jesus. What inspire me are not my challenges, achievements, or aspiration but Jesus. Jesus is everything to me-- Jesus in the communion I receive, Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament I adore each day, Jesus in each and every one of you, and the Jesus that we share together. Like St. John the Baptist, I can say, He must increase and I must decrease for without Jesus I am nothing. Amen.

Den Mar

No comments: