Saturday, February 11, 2012

Broken Wings



Like a little child
Unable to fly
To cross beyond the great sky
Where winds hurls and thunders
Under the passing dark clouds
Of seemingly endless storm
Where I am caught
By the claws of her lightnings

There's no place to hide
She wanted to devour me
Towards her bosom
I will find my fate
I can't hold on no more
With my broken wings
I can't flap and resist no more
This would be my end
This would be my final destiny...

Silence...
She's almost near me
She's starting to touch the fear inside me
I just cover my eyes with my broken wings
This is it...

Alas!
Out of nowhere
Somebody
Shouted
"Run for your life you bird of pride!
Or else you would die"

And I did...
For the first time of my life
I stand and let my feet touch the ground
I hardly walk
But, I need to run
No matter how
Just to free my self
Away from the coming death...

And I did!



On a safer ground
As I gasps for my breath
A laugh broke my fear
It was the "chicken"
She wrapped my broken wings
And lead me to rest
She whispered in my ears
Tomorrow you'll be alright
Your broken wings will be alright...




Br. Dennis DC. Marquez, sSSS

No comments: