Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hospicio's Little Angels



Hospicio de San Jose, Manila-- I'm not feeling well this early morning. My fever persisted after the morning mass. Worse, my runny nose really made me feel so terrible. But, these young children kept on hugging me when I called them for our catechism class. I dissuade them to go near me and told them: "Naku, mga anak, 'wag kayong lumapit sa akin baka mahawa kayo ng sipon... (For heaven's sake children, don't go near me, you might catch a flu).

But, it didn't stopped them, they just said: "Okay, lang po. Kahit mahawa kami kasi gusto kasi namin kayong yakapin... (it's okay, even if we catch one, we still wanted to hug you)!"

It was so touching... it's like Jesus touching the core of my soul where no fevers and no bodily pains could penetrate to stop me from loving these little angels. I told my self... "Sana marami pang magmahal sa kanila... (I hope that others would love them...).

They're the little angels in our midst.




Br. Dennis DC. Marquez, sSSS

No comments: