Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My 34th Birthday Message to the Eymard Formation Community



February 22, 2012-- Today we acknowledge the authority of the Holy Father which Jesus first entrusted to St. Peter, the first Pope, as we remember the Feast of the Chair of St. Peter. Moreover, today, Ash Wednesday, is also the start of the solemn observance of the Lenten season.

As I reflected, these two occasions call me to give way for others. Maybe, after thirty three years of God’s blessings in my life, it is now the time for me, in my thirty fourth birthday, to share to others my blessings in life. I have witnessed that prayer is the treasure that we have as a community. And amidst the vow of poverty, prayer became my over-pouring richness.

To all of you, I sincerely thank you for being a brother to me.

And to offer my thanksgiving to God this Lenten season-- like St. Peter, as he followed the footsteps of Jesus Christ, allow me to read this prayer of mine to the Blessed Sacrament…

Sa Iyong landas ako ay susunod
Kung Iyong mamarapatin
Kung pipiliin ang abang katulad ko
Tatahakin ko ang landas na tinahak Mo

Aking namasid, dinanas mong pasakit
Sa bawat latay mo ang puso ko ay nagdadalamhati
Ang Iyong daing ay aking narinig
Kung maari lang Iyong krus ay kakanlungin.

Nais kong hilumin ang Iyong pait
Nais kong ibsan ang pait na likha ng sugat ng Iyong pag-ibig
Bawat pangaral na Iyong sinambit
Sa bawat landas, nais kong iparating...

Sa Iyong landas ako ay susunod
Kung Iyong mamarapatin
Kung pipiliin ang abang katulad ko
Tatahakin ko ang landas na tinahak ko.

To end, allow me to call on Br. Phoelix, to interpret this prayer which I made into a song; and Br. Renoir to accompany him.





Br. Dennis DC. Marquez, sSSS

No comments: