Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mark 12:18-27 Reflection

From the Gospel reading, we heard that God is the God of the living and not of the dead. We all know that the Saducees who put Jesus into a trap were non-believers of resurrection. Instead of putting Jesus into a test through their misleading argument of a woman who married seven times, their false and shallow belief was shaken by Jesus’ statement that God is the God of the living and not of the dead.

From the Gospel, I realized that God’s mind is beyond our human thinking. That I cannot ‘boxed’ or limit God into what I personally believe. The Saducees were hard-headed. They believed only what they judged to be true for them. They failed to listen to Jesus who is from the Father and who already revealed everything for us to be saved.

Sometimes, in my life, I can say that I am like the Saducees. I only believe what I perceive through my senses. Beyond these observable things, most of the time, I choose not to believe. Why? Maybe, like the Saducees, I also failed to see Jesus as the Son of God. Like the Saducees, I cling to my own belief. Like the Saducees, I failed to see God in the persons God has sent in my midst as my savior. Above all these... like the Saducees, I lacked the faith to believe. I lacked the faith that would transcend beyond my humanly fears. A faith that would lead me to embrace God completely even to death of martyrdom. A faith which is burning with love to God and desire for Him. A faith that completely surrenders to God's will. A faith that trusts God. A faith which is borne out of love for God.

It is a challenge to my faith. To hold on to the promise of Jesus Christ wherein I already claim to have witnessed and believed with my whole heart in His resurrection. That all that had happened to Him would also happen to me... that after I die, I would also be resurrected and have a glorified body. I would let everything to His will as I dine with His eternal Heavenly banquet. With my trust in Him I would simply let God to do His will in me for God is the God of the living.

No comments: