Friday, August 10, 2012

Job



JOB as retold by Br. Dennis DC. Marquez, SSS

The story of Job, the bible character whom I really like goes like this:
One day the devil went to heaven to see God.
He said, “Hi! God!”
And God replied, “Hey! Where have you been?”
The devil told God: “Well, I’d been here and there. Goes up and down. Roamin’ and roamin’ until one of Your servant, named Job, caught my attention.”
“Really? I think he’s doin’ great.”
“Yeah!” the devil agree. “He’s just fine down there.”
“What about Him?” God ask.
And the devil explain, “You know, I want to put him into a test. I’m thinking that… ummm…. I’ m thinking what would be his reaction after giving him some sort of surprise... “
"A party? That's great!"
"Ennnkkk! Naaaa! Wrong answer."
"What?" God exclaimed.
"... a CURSE!"
“Gosh! You want to test his faith? That poor man…”
“Well, at least we would know.” The devil persist.
Then finally, God agreed. “Just don’t kill him, okay.”
“Okay. As you wish.” The devil leave God's court with a big smile on his face.

Then the devil went down to earth from heaven. He had seen Job praying in his simple hut while his sons were so festive—singing and drinking a lot.
“Now its, time.” Said the devil. “Ummm... I’ll gonna send lightning to end his sons life! Bzzzt!” The devil laugh... and there it was! Death every where. “And there will be more. It's so fun!” The devil laugh.
Then rush to Job his servant. “O God, O God! My master. Your sons are all dead!”
And another one came, “O God, O God! My master somebody took your field! You are now poor!”
Then his nagging wife went in complaining. “Now we are childless and poor! And you’re suffering with plenty of boils! You should curse your God!”
Even his friends urged him to burst his anger against God.
But Job said, “Na! Naked I came from my mother’s womb. Naked I will also come back to God’s bosom.”