Sunday, September 11, 2011

An Activist's Elegy to a Friend



It’s hard to be rejected…

Alone, you suffered too much. No one believed you. They misjudged all your brilliant ideas. They don’t want to hear your side. They already accused you with their merciless words. They treated you with hostility. Blinded by the belief that you’re a threat to the existing government, all of them turned against you. For them you’re an ‘activist.’

Coming from a very poor family, you have no political influence at all but you still dare. It was easy to blame and neglect a ‘nobody’ like you by persons who were in authority of power just to conceal the truth. Courageously, it was out of your mission to enlighten the skeptic society that’s why you remain faithful to what is righteous. Prudently, you fought against every forms of corruption. An evilness silently devouring the hearts of men. A greed for flesh, possession and power which enslaved the human race since the genesis of time. Sadly, it only took an amount of promises for your beloved friend to betray you and the philosophy you’ve established.

Of all these, you remained calm. You’re so silent in the midst of unjust trial. You humbly accepted all inhuman humiliation. You suffered too much. Physically, you’re extremely tortured like a wild beast in the pleasure of their delight. Instead of drawing others, you selflessly took all the blame. You just saliently chose to call your loving Father’s name and wept only like a child.

Why don’t you take revenge for what they did? All you have to do was to ask? But, still, you’re so forgiving. You never blamed anyone. No matter how hurt you were…no matter how lonely you became…no matter how they degraded you…you still chose to love all your enemies even they condemned you to your own death.

I admire you my dear friend. You remain to your promises…even I am astray… you still call me by my name.

Now, I am also on the same state. I feel that I am forsaken. Even how afraid I am, I’ll be courageous to follow your foot-steps towards a righteous crusade. I’ll try… no matter how hard...

Please, remain with me in times of tribulations and fill my longing heart with overflowing hope. Allow me to call your name to strengthen my withered spirit. You’re an illuminating inspiration to me. Let your resurrection be my triumph over all my worries in life my dear friend, JESUS.




Br. Dennis DC. Marquez, sSSS

No comments: